ANTIQUE & COLLECTIBLE BID BOARD
NOTE: In November 2015–the bid board will be relocated to the main market. Please check back for details on new location. All items that have been bid on in November need to be picked up by November 28, 2015.
Jim and Lou Smiley manage an antique & collectible”Bid Board” Silent Auction from their location on the East end of the Covered Flea Market. Zerns Market Antique & Collectible Bid Board opened in July 1998.
Remember the bid board closes at 2:00 pm on the last Saturday of the month.
Talk to Lou or Jim Smiley about how the bid board works and how customers can consign items to the bid board.
Remember, the bid board is just like a large silent auction with new items displayed every month.
Features of the Bid Board
- Your Antiques/Collectibles are displayed for one month giving full exposure to a wide audience at a reasonable commission rate.
- Bidders are encouraged to examine the items carefully and return to the bid board room weekly to check the status of their bids.
- Bidders who would be reluctant to bid at a public auction can shop and bid at ease.
- Bid Board closes at the end of the month (last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m.) when all bids are finalized.
- Bidders can pick up their successfully bid items with two (2) weeks.
- Consignors are paid out two (2) weeks after the close of the Bid Board.
- The Bid Board concept represents an efficient way of exposing and selling antique & collectible pieces including estate items to a wide audience over a reasonable period of time
- Bidders must register to get their permanent number to be used on the bidding board.
The minimum opening bid on any item is $2.00 or the reserve if listed. If the current bid is under $10.00 the minimum raise is .50 cents. If the bid is between $10.00 and $49.00 the minimum raise is $1.00. If the bid is between $50.00 and $99.00 the minimum raise is $2.50. If the bid is $100.00 and over the minimum raise is $5.00.
Once your bid is posted it is considered a binding contract. All charges must be initialed by one of our staff.
- If you wish to inspect and item out of its package you may do so in the presence of one of our staff. We will then repackage the item.
The Bid Board closes on the last Saturday of the month at 2:00 p.m. The highest bidder at that time will be awarded the merchandise. The items must be picked up within 2 weeks of the closing of the bidding board. It is the bidder’s responsibility to check and see if they were successful in their bidding. There will be a $1.00 billing fee after the two weeks are up.
There are no return privileges so please inspect the items you are interested in. We make no representation nor warranties as the consignor grades and describes their lots.Any failure to comply with the rules is cause of immediate disqualification from the bid process.